Cryptocurrency is quickly becoming a buzzword in the global financial sector. According to global market analysis reports, more and more investors are now turning to crypto to diversify their investment commodities portfolios. In Germany, Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other cryptos are gaining popularity. This strong demand for cryptos in the German market has led to the birth of several crypto exchanges.
These crypto exchanges in Germany have ways of blending top-level security with a wide selection of cryptocurrencies, several payment options, various trading services, and rewards like low transaction rates and high processing speeds to increase trading volume while maintaining their reputation. Statistics say that Coinbase is a popular resource or exchange for currencies preferred by investors for its multiple security layers, and BlockFi provides the most competitive interest rates.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Crypto Exchange Germany: Top 11 List!
- 2 Binance
- 3 Features of Binance
- 4 Pros and Cons of Binance
- 5 Cryptocurrencies Supported
- 6 Countries Supported
- 7 Coinbase
- 8 Features of Coinbase
- 9 Pros and Cons of Coinbase
- 10 Cryptocurrencies Supported
- 11 Countries Supported
- 12 Kraken
- 13 Features of Kraken
- 14 Pros and Cons of Kraken
- 15 Cryptocurrencies Supported
- 16 Countries Supported
- 17 Bibox
- 18 Features of Bibox
- 19 Pros and Cons of Bibox
- 20 Cryptocurrencies Supported
- 21 Countries Supported
- 22 Nicehash
- 23 Features of Nicehash
- 24 Pros and Cons of Nicehash
- 25 Cryptocurrencies Supported
- 26 Countries Supported
- 27 Bittrex
- 28 Features of Bittrex
- 29 Pros and Cons of Bittrex
- 30 Cryptocurrencies Supported
- 31 Countries Supported
- 32 Crypto.com
- 33 Features of Crypto.com
- 34 Pros and Cons of Crypto.com
- 35 Cryptocurrencies Supported
- 36 Countries Supported
- 37 Coinmama
- 38 Features of Coinmama
- 39 Pros and Cons of Coinmama
- 40 Cryptocurrencies Supported
- 41 Countries Supported
- 42 Okcoin
- 43 Features of Okcoin
- 44 Pros and Cons of Okcoin
- 45 Cryptocurrencies Supported
- 46 Countries Supported
- 47 Wirex
- 48 Features of Wirex
- 49 Pros and Cons of Wirex
- 50 Cryptocurrencies Supported
- 51 Countries Supported
- 52 OKX
- 53 Features of OKX
- 54 Pros and Cons of OKX
- 55 Cryptocurrencies Supported
- 56 Countries Supported
- 57 Why Do You Need Crypto Exchange?
- 58 How to Trade Cryptocurrency in Germany?
- 59 How to Select the Best Crypto Exchange in Germany For You?
- 60 Is That Crypto Exchange Support EURO?
- 61 Fee Structure of Crypto Exchange
- 62 Deposits and Withdrawals Charges
- 63 Security
- 64 Is That Licensed?
- 65 Conclusion on Germany Crypto Exchanges
- 66 FAQs
- 67 Where Is the Best Place to Buy Bitcoin in Germany?
- 68 Is Germany Crypto-friendly?
- 69 Which Is the Best Crypto Exchange in Germany?
- 70 Is Binance Allowed in Germany?
Best Crypto Exchange Germany: Top 11 List!
There are many crypto exchanges in Germany, and we have gathered the leading and best cryptocurrency exchanges for Germany resident users. So they can select the preferable one by knowing their features, supported country & currency, pros & cons, and more:-
Binance is one of the world’s most important coins and comes in top crypto exchanges in Germany as it has also gained popularity in Germany. They have a huge selection of cryptos on the platform; more than 150 cryptos are supported. But in recent months, the German government has shut down Binance operations in the country, and customers are unsure if and when the restriction will be lifted.
Features of Binance
- Binance has some special features like the Binance Pool, Binance Covert, and the Binance Peer To Peer exchange that make it stand out from other cryptocurrency in Germany platforms.
- It supports payment methods like credit cards and wire transfers.
- Binance offers margin trading facilities, interest, and bank transfer services.
- No deposit fees are charged, and the withdrawal fees are nominal and depend on the network congestion.
- KYC verification of users is needed for account creation.
- Security measures like 2F-authentication or verification for account privacy, email, and SMS confirmation are used. Although, read our article and get honest reviews of Binance, as it is well-researched & accurate.
Pros and Cons of Binance
Pros Cons Trading fees are low compared to other crypto exchanges in Germany. An excess number of features makes the platform’s user interface a little confusing. A large number of coins or cryptos such as Bitcoin are supported. The KYC process for account creation may be a little cumbersome for some users. Supported in many different nations. Some regulatory issues in Germany. Strong security measures are available. A limited number of banking methods are available.
Binance supports several fiat currencies like EUR, GBP, USD, and more, and more than 150 cryptos are also supported on the platform, including Bitcoin, USDT, ethereum, ripple, etc. There is also an internal Binance Coin for this trading platform of cryptocurrency.
Binance is the best cryptocurrency exchange in Germany. It is supported in most of the nations all over the globe like the United Kingdom, Denmark, Spain, Sweden, Finland, Austria, Poland, Bulgaria, Portugal, and many more.
Sign Up Now
Coinbase crypto exchange for coins was established in 2012, and since then, it has gathered around 68 million customers. Financial experts call Coinbase a great crypto platform for beginners as it has an easy interface and simple features for trading.
Features of Coinbase
- The platform has features for insurance and compensation against hacking and fund loss events.
- The exchange has features or services for individual traders, companies, corporate account holders of cryptocurrency, or the best cryptocurrency wallet holders.
- There is a loan service on the Coinbase exchange. Coinbase users can withdraw cash loans by putting their Bitcoin deposits as collateral.
- They have an affiliate program for companies as well.
- Payment methods for purchases like wire transfers, debit cards, bank transfers, and e-wallets are supported.
- The platform has a website and mobile apps for Android and iOs for trading crypto.
Pros and Cons of Coinbase
Pros Cons A large number of trading pairs are supported. Trading fees are high (0.5%- 4.5%) compared to other cryptocurrency exchanges. The platform helps amateurs to learn about cryptos like Bitcoin while they trade. There is no phone call option for customer support assistance service. The minimum deposit amount is low, i.e., $2.
Coinbase supports over 100 cryptos, including Bitcoins, Dogecoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Polygon, and Ripple.
Coinbase is supported in over 100 nations like Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Switzerland, and many more.
Sign Up Now
Kraken is one of the earliest Bitcoin exchanges that gained popularity, and now it has diversified its selection of crypto coins. The trading platform provides several advanced trading or investment features that make the exchange worthwhile for both beginners and experienced investors of the crypto wallet. However, read our honest Kraken exchange review and learn everything about the platform in detail.
Features of Kraken
- Offers margins trading and futures trading features for your crypto assets
- There are two versions of the platform: the Kraken and the Kraken Pro.
- They provide two-factor authentication or verification processes for account security and privacy. But in the cryptocurrency market, this is not enough security. Many Kraken reviews mention stories of users who have lost their funds to hackers and have been unable to recover the assets.
- Customer service generally responds to queries within 20 minutes. The site also has a support center so users can solve their queries easily.
Pros and Cons of Kraken
Pros Cons User-interface is easy and intuitive. The trading fees on Kraken may be a little higher compared to other Bitcoin exchange platforms. The platform provides heavy liquidity to support high trading volume. Although some of the most popular cryptos like Bitcoin are available, the total number of altcoins is a little lower than other exchanges. Amateur traders can earn interest simply by depositing their crypto assets in the account. Kraken does not have the best reputation because of some instances of loss of funds. Does not support credit card or debit card remittance.
Bitcoin is the primary cryptocurrency, and other popular cryptos like Ethereum, Solana, Cardano, and Dogecoin are now also supported. There are 87 altcoins supported on Kraken in total.
Kraken is supported in over 175 nations around the world. It is one of the few cryptocurrency exchange platforms for crypto purchases supported in the United States.
Sign Up Now
Bibox exchange was started in 2017. It is run by a Chinese developer team with experience working on major blockchain projects. Bibox uses advanced algorithms and AI to provide optimal trading. Some auditing company reports claim that the trading volumes are due to whitewashing or money laundering on this platform or site.
Features of Bibox
- Bibox exchange website has a simple and easy user interface.
- It provides features such as an order book and trading history charts for transactions.
- The platform also has dedicated mobile applications.
- They have several altcoins besides Bitcoin and Ethereum and report massive daily trading and transfer volume.
- Bibox trading fees are low – both taker fees and maker fees for transactions hover around 0.10%.
- The platform or site has its internal token called the BIX.
- This is an exclusive cryptocurrency in Germany – no credit cards, debit cards, bank account deposits, or bank transfers are accepted for security and privacy purposes.
Pros and Cons of Bibox
Pros Cons Very low transaction processing fees are charged. A limited number of cryptos like Bitcoin supported. Easy to use interface. No fiat deposits are accepted as per their business model. No regulatory documentation, increasing the market risk of users.
Only a few cryptos like Bitcoin can be traded on this platform, including Bitcoins, Ethereum, Tether, and DAI. There is a Bibox token as well.
Bibox is currently operational in the USA, Canada, South Korea, Switzerland, Japan, Singapore, and many others.
Sign Up Now
Nicehash is a Bitcoin mining technology. They also have a cryptocurrency exchange platform or site, and API-powered live trading allows crypto to crypto exchanges in Germany and many more countries.
Features of Nicehash
- Nicehash is the biggest broker of hash power for crypto mining on the globe. In 2017, a major hack damaged its reputation, but the company has made a full recovery since then, according to security audits.
- The trading view features are great, and there are many analytical tools.
- Transaction fee generally varies between 0.3%- 0.5%. But the fees also go down with the increase in trading volume.
- Credit cards, debit cards, or bank transfers will not be very useful because only crypto deposits from e-wallets are accepted. However, check out our Nicehash review and learn everything about the platform in one place.
Pros and Cons of Nicehash
Pros Cons User-friendly user-interface. 12A limited number of currency pairs are supported. Customer service responses are more or less prompt.
At present, Nicehash supports over 50 cryptos, but the most popular coins like Bitcoin, Ether, Bitcoin Cash, XRP, Litecoin, Bitcoin Gold, Dash, and many more are supported.
Nicehash is the top crypto exchanges Germany that operates in most nations worldwide except for a select few nations like Yemen, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, and more.
Sign Up Now
Bittrex is a cryptocurrency exchange that allows users to trade Bitcoin or cryptos by offering instant buy and sell options. The platform or site was created in 2014, and since then, there have been several security issues where users could not access their accounts. Although to know more about the exchange, you can visit the Bittrex review and grab all the details.
Features of Bittrex
- The platform or site provides multi-storage e-wallets.
- They have a mobile app for optimized mobile viewing.
- There is a minimum deposit fee amount for users, and there are withdrawal fees as well.
- There are no withdrawal limits for users.
- Payment methods accepted are credit card, debit card payments, bank transfers, or wire transfers.
Pros and Cons of Bittrex
Pros Cons The minimum deposit fees amount is very low, just $3. A large number of crypto assets like Bitcoin are supported. Exchange rates (taker fees and maker fees) are as per the industry average. There is no margin trading available for consumers. 2-factor verification for accounts. Some security issues have been reported in the past and have damaged the reputation of the platform or site. There is a paid promotional program. Customer support services are limited.
Bitcoin, Tether, Ethereum, Dogecoin, and many other popular coins totaling up to 100 in number are supported on the platform or site.
Most nations can access Bittrex’s global operations for their Bitcoin/crypto trading. It is popular in the USA, and a handful of nations like North Korea, Syria, Cuba, and others restrict Bittrex operations.
Sign Up Now
Crypto.com is an exchange that supports several Bitcoin or cryptocurrency trading functions, like investing, exchange, and staking on cryptos like Bitcoin and NFTs. CRO (Crypto.com Coin) is their internal coin. The company was started in 2016 and has already amassed around 10 million subscribers.
Features of Crypto.com
- Crypto.com has its credit card service.
- They also have their e-wallet and marketplace for NFTs.
- The transaction fee decreases with a higher volume of CROs.
- Users can earn interest by holding their cryptos in an e-wallet.
Pros and Cons of Crypto.com
Pros Cons Low transaction fees. Discount offers are difficult to understand. Complete ecosystem of crypto products. Customer service is not strong.
This platform is great for buying Bitcoin or most other popular coins as more than 150 are supported.
Singapore, the United States, European Union, Canada, and many more.
Sign Up Now
Coinmama has been able to gain popularity in the world of crypto exchange platforms with the help of its simple user interface.
Features of Coinmama
- There is an Android mobile application.
- Fractional shares are available for Bitcoin purchases as low as the US $30.
- Crypto to crypto trading is unavailable; only fiat currency can be used to buy cryptos.
Pros and Cons of Coinmama
Pros Cons Deposits and withdrawals do not require any fees. Transaction processing fees may be a little higher compared to some providers. Multiple payment methods are available. There is no Coinmama crypto e-wallet.
It supports 10 cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Cardano, and others.
It is a global exchange available in most nations like Brazil, Japan, Mexico, the United States, and many more.
Sign Up Now
Okcoin was founded in 2013. Presently, it has become one of the biggest crypto exchanges in Germany and the globe transacting close to 16 million BTC every month.
Features of Okcoin
- Okcoin uses SSL encryption to protect the funds of its users.
- Mobile applications are available to download on Android or iOS.
- Margins trading, futures trading, trailing stop orders, and many more types of trades are available. However, learn more about the exchange by clicking here.
Pros and Cons of Okcoin
Pros Cons High liquidity levels. Low varieties of tradable cryptos. Fiat deposits are accepted. Withdrawals require a cumbersome account verification process.
Only 5 cryptocurrencies are supported- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Polkadot, Cardano, and Litecoin.
Okcoin has been supported in around 192 nations around the world.
Sign Up Now
Wirex allows any investor to store and exchange a large number of digital currencies and fiat currencies at real-time exchange rates.
Features of Wirex
- A Wirex card attached to the Wirex account to make digital payments.
- They have a strong referral program, and users who refer a friend get up to $10 worth of BTC.
- Wirex has transaction limits on different cryptos.
Pros and Cons of Wirex
Pros Cons Users can earn 1.5% in BTC every time they make an in-store transaction Crypto deposits have 1% fees. Fiat and digital currency in one single card or crypto wallets. There is no dedicated customer support phone number.
Twenty different cryptos are supported, including BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC, and more.
It is a global exchange available in many places like the USA, UK, Brazil, Denmark, and more.
Sign Up Now
A sister exchange of Okcoin, OKX, is targeted toward more advanced crypto traders.
Features of OKX
- OKX has its internal token
- Crypto-to-crypto trading and fiat-to-crypto trading is available
Pros and Cons of OKX
Pros Cons Trading fees is very low. Withdrawal limits are not too high for different cryptos. Multiple trading instruments are available.
It supports over 100 cryptos, including BTC, Ether, and XRP.
It operates in 195 nations worldwide.
Sign Up Now
Why Do You Need Crypto Exchange?
Cryptocurrency exchanges are necessary to trade with Bitcoin, Ethereum, or other altcoins or currencies. The exchange allows you to buy cryptos such as Bitcoin or to sell their existing cryptos via accounts. Crypto adoption is also still very limited worldwide as the information goes. So when users want to cash in their cryptos for rewards and convert them into a regular currency, they need to make the exchange through an exchange. But there is always a market risk associated with crypto trading, and users must diversify their assets before investing in crypto rewards.
How to Trade Cryptocurrency in Germany?
To trade your cryptocurrency, like Bitcoin, through crypto exchanges in Germany, traders will first have to sign up for an account on any crypto trading platform. Once their account has been verified via KYC, they can deposit it into their account wallet. The trader is now ready to use their account to buy, sell, or exchange trading pair cryptos with the help of their deposit fees amount. This process helps in maintaining the platform’s reputation.
How to Select the Best Crypto Exchange in Germany For You?
There are several crypto exchanges in Germany for traders to choose from. But before making a choice, an investor must consider a few points carefully. The security provided by the exchange, the transaction rates or fees at different trading platforms, the speed of transactions, the cryptocurrency storage options, customer service, consumer protection, payments through debit cards or other methods, its reputation, and services; all of the data need to be thoroughly examined to find the exchange that best fits into the trader’s Bitcoin exchange requirements.
Is That Crypto Exchange Support EURO?
German traders generally make their initial deposits or payment in euros as investments. So they need to check if the platform supports Euro deposits for investments or not. If an exchange does not accept Euro deposits, traders will have to go through the additional effort of converting their money into one of the supported fiat currencies.
Fee Structure of Crypto Exchange
The crypto trading fees at different crypto exchanges also vary. These transaction fees can be a crucial deciding factor for traders when they frequently deal with a large trading volume. Then these fees can build up over time and cut a large chunk into the trader’s profits. So a trader needs to check the data regarding the cryptocurrency fee structure before depositing in any account or buying any crypto assets.
Deposits and Withdrawals Charges
Another important aspect to remember for customers is the payment method of deposit and withdrawal fees charged by different trading platforms. Some platforms also charge payment of deposit fees or withdrawal fees on specific banking methods.
Customers or users who put large amounts in their accounts on trading platforms want to be assured of the services, like the security of their funds. It is important to check the services regarding security features of crypto exchanges like 2-factor verification or authentication process, cold storage wallets, security of servers, and SSL encryption technologies as benefits before choosing one’s preferred exchange.
A good security system is an advantage that will help to ensure that the buyers’ or traders’ funds are never lost in the transaction process, adding to the platform’s reputation.
Is That Licensed?
The German government generally takes a cryptocurrency-friendly stance. But there are some regulations about the usage and trading of cryptos. Recently, the government has taken action and prohibited the operation of some crypto exchanges in Germany like Binance. Investors or users should carefully consider any information on the government regulatory policies before investing in crypto assets in any crypto market or trading platform.
Conclusion on Germany Crypto Exchanges
Cryptos and crypto exchange platforms are becoming a common part of the global financial landscape, and Germany is also not lagging in this sector. With numerous exchange platforms accepting users from Germany, users in the country now have the chance to invest in this high-risk, high-reward crypto asset to add to and diversify their crypto portfolio.
Where Is the Best Place to Buy Bitcoin in Germany?
Best Crypto Exchanges or places to buy Bitcoin in Germany are:-
These are the world’s largest exchanges that allow traders to buy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies and authenticate their bank accounts for bank transfers and payments.
Is Germany Crypto-friendly?
Bitcoin and others similar to it are considered private money in Germany since they aren’t recognized as legal tender in the country’s monetary system. Corporations in Germany are liable to capital gains taxes, just like in many other cryptocurrency-friendly nations. The country has some of the world’s largest exchanges that allow you to trade BTC cryptocurrency offering easy fund transfer and liquidity.
Which Is the Best Crypto Exchange in Germany?
An exchange’s goods and services, from basic trading features to interest offers, insurance, fund transfer, and lower withdrawal fees on your crypto, define the trading experience for any seller. The Coinbase crypto exchange is the finest in Germany compared to the most prominent trading platforms in the world to get currencies, including Bitcoins or BTC.
A typical topic of conversation among German friends and coworkers is their preferred BTC cryptocurrency exchange and the information regarding how to get it.
Is Binance Allowed in Germany?
As per the latest information, Binance, the world’s most popular cryptocurrency exchange, has ceased trading in futures, currencies, and derivatives products for markets in Europe. Due to the change, any buyer or seller could no longer open new futures and derivative product accounts from markets in these nations.
Read more: Biggest crypto exchanges – Krypto-NFTs