If you’re looking for a Fintech course to improve your skills, learn how to get into Fintech or to gain a foundation for a Fintech career, you’re on the right track to success. There’s no other way to pick up the knowledge needed other than sitting down and learning first-hand. We highlighted these online Fintech courses as they represent the very best in terms of contributions from experts, quality, programme structure and networks. You can look through the list and find which one addresses what’s important to you.
Here’s what’s available on the market today:
Table of Contents
- 1 1. CFTE – Fintech Specialisation
- 2 2. CFTE – Fintech 360 Programme
- 3 3. Saïd Business School, Oxford University — Oxford Fintech Programme
- 4 4. Harvard Business School – Fintech Online Short Course
- 5 5. Imperial College Business School — Fintech Programme
- 6 6. National University of Singapore – Fintech: Innovation and transformation in Financial Services
- 7 7. The University of Hong Kong — Introduction to FinTech
- 8 8. Duke University — Fintech Law and Policy
- 9 9. San Francisco’s Fintech School
- 10 10. Copenhagen Business School – Digital Competition in Financial Services
- 11 Which Fintech course should I choose?
- 12 Start learning about Fintech today
1. CFTE – Fintech Specialisation
Summary: The Fintech Foundation Specialisation is an introductory course to learn about Fintech and digital finance from the Centre for Finance, Technology and Entrepreneurship. It targets finance professionals, entrepreneurs, and technologists. It has been designed in collaboration with 4 senior lecturers and 16 industry experts from across finance, to give a comprehensive breakdown of main Fintech trends in a simple and concise manner.
CFTE offers Corporate Training for teams with our Fintech program.
- Taught in an easy-to-digest manner by 4 senior Fintech lecturers who between them have lectured at Singapore Management University, Imperial College London, Oxford University and The University of Hong Kong.
- Industry insights from 16 top experts working in Fintech, including the Global Head of Bank Research at Citi, Global Head of Innovation at HSBC, CEO of Ping An Technology, and many more
- Accreditation from the Institute of Banking and Finance (IBF) and SkillFuture in Singapore. Singaporean candidates may benefit from subsidies provided by IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS). Also accredited by CPD in the UK and by the ACT.
- Be part of a global community of over 70,000 professionals and entrepreneurs
- Events to network and free online lessons with key people in FinTech to stay updated
- Huy Nguyen Trieu (CEO – The Disruptive Group | Co-Founder – CFTE | Associate Fellow – Oxford)
- Andrei Kirilenko (Director – Centre for Global Finance and Technology | Imperial College London)
- Janos Barberis (Founder – Supercharger | Head of Entrepreneurship – CFTE | Research Fellow – Hong Kong University)
- Dan Liebau (Founder – Lightbulb Capital | Instructor Fintech & Innovation – Singapore Management University)
- 40,000+ Learners Enrolled
- 4 Senior Academics
- 16 Fintech Guest Experts
Cost: £360 or 3 payments of £120.
Certificate: CPD Accredited Certificate of Completion
- Course Format: 100% Online
- Course Access: 6 months access to content from the start date
- Course Model: Instructor-Led
2. CFTE – Fintech 360 Programme
Summary: The Fintech 360 Programme by CFTE is an online course designed for those hungry to learn, but with little time to spare. The programme is perfect for anyone from students, financial professionals, non-techies and those looking to learn more about fintech. Fintech 360 helps one build a fundamental understanding of financial technology with short 15-minute daily courses to fit the learner’s busy schedules. The programme will cover topics from Fintech, Payments, AI, Open Banking and RegTech, through a variety of formats, whether it be video lessons, interviews with experts, quizzes, real-life case studies or reading material.
- Bite-sized Courses: You can easily fit in 15 minute bite-sized courses into your your busy daily schedule
- Learn form top executives: You will gain knowledge directly from leading experts like Anne Boden, CEO of Starling Bank, Rob Frohwein, CEO & Co-Founder of Kabbage, Jean-Philippe Desbiolles, Global VP for Data, Cognitive & AI at IBM, among other leading experts.
- Gain all-rounder Knowledge: This programme will help you cover all the fundamentals of Fintech, AI in Finance, Open Banking, Payments, and RegTech
- Learn to apply technologies on real projects: The course will help you build the right skills to identify the technologies that influence the provision of fintech and financial services, and be able to confidently apply such technologies appropriately and effectively
- Detailed case studies: Be able to evaluate the applications of technology in financial services through relevant and detailed case studies
- Anne Boden, CEO of Starling Bank
- Rob Frohwein, CEO & Co-Founder of Kabbage
- Jean-Philippe Desbiolles, Global VP for Data, Cognitive & AI at IBM
- Shameek Kundu, Former Chief Data Officer at Standard Chartered and Head of FS & Chief Strategy Officer at Truera
- Ayesha Khanna, Founder & CEO of ADDO AI
- Mellisa Guzy, Co-Founder and Managing Partner at Arbor Ventures
Cost: Start learning for free with a 7-day Free Trial on CFTE’s THINK platform
Certificate: On successful completion, you will receive a sharable badge that certifies the completion of the course
- Online self-paced with 30 days worth of learning content.
- On starting the programme unlock bite-sized 15-mins videos everyday.
- Go beyond traditional learning by interacting with experts and learners with forums and discussions.
3. Saïd Business School, Oxford University — Oxford Fintech Programme
Summary: A course specifically designed to achieve two outcomes. First, to arm students with a working knowledge of Fintech and second, to identify new opportunities for innovation in finance so that they are equipped to launch new Fintech ventures. Not for the faint-hearted as the course carries a heavy workload. Special mention: CFTE co-founder, Huy Nguyen Trieu is an Associate Fellow at Oxford and helped design this programme.
Advantages: Hands-on practical exercises that stretch your thinking about what’s possible in modern finance.
- Prof. Nir Vulkan (Associate Professor of Business Economics – Saïd Business School | Fellow – Worcester College, University of Oxford)
Certificate: Certificate of attendance from Oxford University
Study Method: self-paced online learning, 6 weeks
4. Harvard Business School – Fintech Online Short Course
Summary: Offering an up-to-date overview of the Fintech industry, this course taps into experts’ insights to offer guidance about the changing landscape of the finance industry. It also looks at increased regulation in the industry, how traditional institutions are adapting to these rapid changes and the evolving strategies of start-ups in this space to remain profitable.
Advantage: Short course from one of the world’s leading educational institutes. Utilises innovative pedagogical approaches pioneered by the Harvard Business School and presents real challenges reflecting the constant change within the Fintech landscape.
- Lauren Cohen (L.E. Simmons Professor of Business Administration | Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research)
- Christopher Malloy (Sylvan C. Coleman Professor of Financial Management | Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research)
Certificate: Premier Certificate
Study Method: Online, 6 weeks
5. Imperial College Business School — Fintech Programme
Summary: A 2-day course targeting senior bankers, it aims to give participants a strong grasp on how to implement Fintech within their own organisations. Focusing on the application of technologies such as distributed ledger technologies, digital money and digital identities and how they are impacting traditional business models. The course was co-designed by CFTE co-founder Huy Nguyen Trieu.
Advantages: Suitable for those with a focused interest in blockchain technology. Only takes 2 days to complete.
- Deeph Chana (Programme Co-Director Professor of Practice within Imperial College Business School)
- Stephen Hansen (Associate Professor of Economics at Imperial College Business School(
- Alfonso Delgado De Molina Rius (Emerging Tech Consultant and Computer Science Ph.D. student at Imperial College London)
- Jason Maude (Chief Technology Advocate at Starling Bank)
- Tom Stevens (Chief Commercial Officer for ETFmatic)
- Philip Nadler (Ph.D. Candidate at the Department of Computing and a consultant for the Data Science Institute at Imperial College London)
- José-Luis Peydró (Programme Director & Professor of Finance)
- Helene Panzarino (Director of the Digital Finance Portfolio)
Level: mid to senior-level professionals
Study Method: Online, 2 days
6. National University of Singapore – Fintech: Innovation and transformation in Financial Services
Summary: This programme has been designed for individual consultants, team leaders, product managers and those responsible for driving innovation and business outcomes. The course summary caters for the risks, opportunities and key considerations of applying FinTech to innovation.
- Turn your learnings into a personalised action plan during the course
- Dr Ernie Teo (Adjunct Senior Lecturer for the Department of Analytics and Operations at NUS Business School, Co-founder of Dedoco, and Vice Chairman for Blockchain Association Singapore)
Cost: USD 1,600
Certificate: Digital certificate at completion
Study method: Online, 2 months
7. The University of Hong Kong — Introduction to FinTech
Summary: Taught by leading academics, this online course is an excellent introduction to the world of Fintech. Co-developed by CFTE, the course also features 3 CFTE lecturers among the 6: Janos Barberis (founder of SuperCharger), Huy Nguyen Trieu (co-founder of CFTE) and Douglas W. Arner (Kerry Holdings Professor in Law at the University of Hong Kong).
Advantages: Targeted at beginners such as university students and fresh graduates, the course tackles key concepts in Fintech, from cryptocurrencies to RegTech, with lecturers providing clear explanations about the changing Fintech landscape. No prior knowledge is required, meaning that it is a useful platform for students to gain a basic foundation and understanding of Fintech.
- Douglas Arner (Kerry Holdings Professor in Law – University of Hong Kong / Academic Board Member – CFTE)
- Janos Barberis (Founder – Supercharger | Head of Entrepreneurship – CFTE / Research Fellow – Hong Kong University)
- Huy Nguyen Trieu (CEO – The Disruptive Group | Co-Founder – CFTE | Associate Fellow – Oxford)
- Henri Arslanian (FinTech & RegTech Lead – China and Hong Kong, PwC | Adjunct Associate Professor, Hong Kong University)
- Ross P Buckley (King & Wood Mallesons Chair in International Finance Law | Scientia Professor, UNSW Sydney)
- Brian Tang (Managing Director – Asia Capital Markets Institute)
Certificate: Verified certificate for £153
Study Method: Online and self-paced, 6 weeks
8. Duke University — Fintech Law and Policy
Summary: It may be a little out there, but hear us out. Success in Fintech doesn’t just rely on innovation, as desirable as that would be. A successful company should also have a firm grasp of the regulations and laws applicable to its operations. This course offers knowledge of critical policy and regulatory issues surrounding cryptocurrencies, ICOs, wealth management, and more, but do note that it covers primarily information about US Fintech regulations.
Advantages: A course that is US-focused that gives participants an insight into the nitty-gritty of the complex policies surrounding the US Fintech industry. It is also fairly light in terms of commitment, with the course taking a recommended 13 hours to complete.
- Lee Reiners, CFA (Executive Director – Global Financial Markets Center)
Study Method: Online, with flexible deadlines
9. San Francisco’s Fintech School
Summary: Based in San Francisco, the Fintech School offers a number of blended learning courses aimed at introducing professionals to key topics such as Blockchain, Crowdfunding and Robo-Advisors. With a focus on practical Fintech training, these courses will walk you through a number of ‘101’ styled subjects with the intended purpose of providing participants a soft introduction to the industry. In addition to their online Fintech courses, the school organises several workshops across North America if you prefer a more immersive programme.
Advantage: There are a variety of Fintech topics on offer at a low price point, with content designed by Fintech entrepreneurs and subject matter experts.
- Gregory LaBlanc (Faculty Director – Berkeley Fintech Institute | Faculty Director & Instructor – UC Berkeley Executive Education)
- Patrick Baron (Founder & CEO – Blockchain Consulting Group)
- Neeraj Srivastava (CTO – DLTLabs)
- Khadija Khartit (Managing Partner – IFS Advisory | Faculty, Brandeis University)
Cost: Modules start from US$99
Study Method: Online, self-paced
10. Copenhagen Business School – Digital Competition in Financial Services
Summary: This online course is designed for individuals that want to carve out a career in digital finance. Focusing on all digital aspects of the financial industry, it tackles the topics of transformation, platforms, ecosystems, open API and open banking. Instructors will lead using state-of-the-art examples and also share knowledge from their own research, giving you valuable insight into digital strategies in tomorrow’s world of finance.
Advantages: Covers everything you need to know about the digital transformation in finance. Offers a solid foundation to build on with more advanced courses in the future. Suitable for those short of time, taking just a recommended 16 hours to complete.
- Jonas Hedman (Associate Professor, Department of Digitalization – Copenhagen Business School)
- Stefan Henningsson (Associate Professor, Department of Digitalization – Copenhagen Business School)
Cost: 7-day free trial, US$49 per month after trial ends
Certificate: Certificate of completion
Study Method: Online, self-paced with flexible deadlines
Which Fintech course should I choose?
What Fintech course you choose really depends on what you’re looking for. Of course, we are slightly more inclined to recommend the Fintech courses which are close to us: CFTE, Hong Kong University, Oxford and Imperial College!
However, choosing the right course really comes down to your goals and what you want to learn. From the list above, it’s already clear that the world of Fintech is expansive – there is no course that covers all bases! For example, if you want to dive deep into Fintech and try your hand at testing a business plan, then the courses offered by Oxford or Harvard will be suitable for you.
On the flip side, if you want a general introduction to Fintech, then the CFTE Fintech Foundation or Fintech 360 course is probably the right option for you, given the quality of the content and lecturers, and the format clarity. And if you are a student who would like to complement his/her education in finance, the HKU MOOC could be a great option.
In all cases, learning Fintech is a must today, so good luck in your journey!
Start learning about Fintech today
There is no time to waste. You can start learning about Fintech today, right now.
Read more: Blockchain fintech online course – Krypto-NFTs